View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 06:49 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Light Concern #2

Originally Posted by kjwinston
OK here is the answer. When driving down the road, without my lights all on, the Brake light was working fine. But if I turned on the lights (no matter what light was on) the Brakes lights in the back were constantly on. It was like I had my foot on the brakes all the time.

Had to replace the Part # 5098638AA which is a Module for the Lights. $496 worth. According to the Mechanic the mother board inside to a dive. Had to replace the entire module.

3 hours to replace it. Running fine now...so much for the tax return. And yes this was a MOPAR part, not a MB part. (49000 miles)

Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it.
Good job you got the problem solved, but I think you were badly abused by the dealer or whoever.

That is not a Mopar part, the part number molded on it is (US version) #193 545 00 04 (click for picture). The 193 number means it was designed and made specifically for the Crossfire but it is a Mercedes part, the Mopar part number is not molded into it at all, there may be a paper label with that number on it but that is all.

This part is the light switch and fuses associated with it are on the side of it, in the manual it is called the Illumination Control Module.

The actual part was purchased from Mercedes and a generous mark up applied to it for the Chrysler profit margin. During that time a Mopar label was stuck over the Mercedes label, that label cost you a fair bit of money.

I and many here could replace that module in under an hour, maybe thirty minutes if we did not stop for a coffee. I have sold two of those parts on this forum for less than $100. They are regularly on eBay from $100 and up.

It's a pity that you did not come back to the forum for some guidance before parting with the money.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-21-2015 at 06:53 PM.