View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Transmission converter control solenoid

Originally Posted by crossfire5
Although I called transmisson fluid transmission "oil" I do know the diference. I rebuilt automatic transmissions well over fifteen years as a dealership mechanic.

Also, I did purchase a new automatic transmission dip stick from Germany to check the trans fluid after I purchased the Crossfire because it had none.
That's how I know what the fluid level was before, and after the problem.

I dont think it went into limp mode when restarted because it shifted through all five speeds again, and then after a short time slipped back into nuetral.

Almost like the converter fluid drained down until it was shut off and restarted again. That's why I think the Trans Converter Control solenoid became defective.

I previously asked if anyone on the forum ever had the same condition, and had a repair solution to please reply.

Thank you

Crossfire5

Your spot on about it not being 'limp mode' if it went into 'neutral'. My question is what was the temperature of the transmission 'fluid' when you checked the level? There is a curve to follow for temp/level for these transmissions. It can be worse on a hill if vehicle isn't level on stock suspension. Just trying to be helpful, I didn't see if it was in your OP. The 'conductor plate' issue usually posts codes but I don't remember which ones. You mentioned you didn't have any codes but didn't say what code reader you used and if it has the ability to read NAG-1 (I think that's what our transmission number is) specific codes.