View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 AM
Blackly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: crank position sensor

image.jpg1.jpg

Robert Bosch is the way to go. Many of us recognize, "OE technology provides the correct function and calibration to insure trouble-free operation." Recently, my Crossfire conked out in traffic. Lucky enough, and to my dismay, she purred back to life. Unfortunately, in the subsequent days the event occurred once more. Absent of power, I was forced to physically compel her off the path; pushing the coupe, I ruined (or broke in) my new tassel loafers, which was disheartening to say the least. Thereafter I sought the advice of the diagnosis scanner. On the account of the fact that I do not own such scanner, I utilized the (yellow) part store device.

The scanner pointed me in the direction of the CPS. With comvienence in mind, I inquired if the store stocked the item. I asked the parts store associate if he carried the CPS. Inspecting the store merchandise, he declared, "Yes, it is $70 dollars." I replied, "Is it German," assuming he would insist the item was manufactured by Bosch. To my surprise, he mentioned the part was made by "Dorman," and held, "We do not have a Bosch."

Rushing out the store, (smart phone in hand) I discoved Bamazon possessed the Bosch sensor (item # 0-261-210-170) for thirty-six bucks. Shipped to my door, (five days later) the required payment was forty-two dollars.

Lastly, I noticed that the CPS D/O/B can be found on the top of the sensor. My old (factory) CPS sensor was inscribed with the code "W 04" or "E 04," suggesting the part stems from 2004. The new sensor was marked "W 13" or "E 13."

While waiting on the USPS, I borrowed the CPS part from my SLK 230. The Mercedes part number was identical. The D/O/B of the Benz part is stamped "W 99" or E 99."

Problem solved.