Old 06-06-2015, 05:07 PM
victorlautreamont
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Coil Springs. Anyone w/ First-Hand Experience?

I've searched the forums and it seems like there's a lot of "well, in theory"-type-posts out there, but I'm hoping someone who's actually purchased and installed aftermarket coil springs from Eibach, H&R, or one of the other manufacturers can give me some personal insight.

My 2004 Limited has two busted springs in the front, and my options are either to import two OEM springs from Europe (~$200 once you factor in the cost of S&H), or to buy an aftermarket kit here in the US (~$250 for all four springs). I have no particular desire to lower the car since it's my DD, but it seems silly to pay double for OEM parts.

I was wondering if anyone else has installed the lowering springs from Eibach or H&R (or any other mfr) and how much it changed the ride? Too stiff for a DD? Do you find yourself constantly scraping the front lip on things? Any premature wear on the tires or other suspension components?

Also any thoughts about WHICH aftermarket manufacturer to go with would be appreciated. I'm leaning toward Eibach just because they're bigger/more established than any of the little aftermarket/tuner companies that also make lowering springs, but I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks!