View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:40 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 396 Likes on 340 Posts
Default Re: High decibel whine in cabin of Crossfire

Originally Posted by BEATv1
Im having a weird problem. There is a ringing sound, like a whine inside the cabin of my crossfire. i initially thought it was my radio or reception but even when i shut off the radio it'll still rings. I have some videos of it but i'll embed the one where it's most prominent. i noticed it when in low speed and even highway speeds but will go off and on intermittently. there is no pattern i can see. when stopped it'll be constant but only sometimes.

At around :45 i clicked the ac button off. and it went away...only to return a couple of seconds later when fiddling around with the ac/blower/ and other buttons i can click on the center console lol

Chrslyer Crossfire Whine - YouTube

i did a search on here and found it may be the AC actuators? The part itself is $70 for two. not sure how easy it is to fix myself but someone said its around $600 for installation. IF it's even the case of my problem.

I cannot tell what your referring to as far as the ringing sound. I consistently hear something clanging in the (?) suspension??? The rattling sounds would distract me more than that ringing sound I don't hear. Now, since I am 60, maybe its in the range of frequency that I am unable to hear?