View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 AM
ingsoc39
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Chrysler Service Incompetent?

Had an issue with my car yesterday, took it to the dealer, to at least document the problem, white smoke smelling of burn electrical from the engine bay. They did an inspection, performed visual inspect, inspected some harnesses and clips, the interior of the fuse box, one would THINK they would would as a routine run a check of the charging system, battery/alternator to make sure no issues, nope, had to suggest after they said car was done to do that..still found nothing, cost me 145.
I have the lifetime warranty and purchased extended warranty (that expired but lifetime active)
Here is what the dealer Service Manager (not just anyone) told me:

1. The technicians really dont like working on these cars
2. The techs get no product support on working on the cars, so they are not really on top of them.

I told the service manager i bought the car and extended warranty due to also the lifetime warranty, the lifetime warranty did not say "We will work on your car for the lifetime of your ownership, but be advised we may be to incompetent to know what we are doing"

How is THAT any kind of message to pass on to the consumer? He told me to get a second opinion, to which I replied, "why, your company made the car, your telling me you dont stand behind your warranties nor know who to work on these?" ( I will get a second opinion)

Anyway, pretty frustrating, going to contact Chrysler of North America, and see whats what, given that this care was made when it was Daimler/Chrysler I do know they were still h onoring all service warranties, unless they are just trying to discourage people from bringing their crossifires in...probably, but they did make some quick coin from me. No way to run a business.would not buy another Chrysler product again, seeing as they are dead last tied with Fiat for the worst cars made..BUT. again, Fiat does own Chrysler, so go figure....Might go get a new 2016 Miata, at least I know they are rock solid and the dealers have been working on them since 1989...I know they are everywhere, but they do RUN.

Last question, will Chrysler lifetime warranty honor work done by third parties ie, an independent Mercedes shop, or ONLY if the work is performed at their stations? If not, the lifetime warranty is all but pointless and a total waste.

Last edited by ingsoc39; 06-18-2015 at 12:15 AM.