Old 06-23-2015, 07:28 PM
XFIRED-TX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Well, add our car to the list. Yesterday afternoon the rear window fell down on the bottom and upper left hand side. I checked the Chrysler recall site and it says my VIN is not covered. They are saying this because of what I feel is a loophole. When we bought our Crossfire from Preston Chrysler in Dallas in late July 2005 (within 10 years), my wife wanted a black convertible with the two-tone vanilla interior. The owner of the dealership, a personal friend, searched for hours and called me back and told me that there were only 2 currently available in the whole country; one in Wisconsin and one in Delaware. My friend worked out a deal with the dealer in Wisconsin and the car was shipped to Dallas in an enclosed van. I purchased it new from the dealer in Dallas. Chrysler says the car was delivered to Wisconsin so it is not included in the extended warranty.

There has been a long a confusing discussion in this thread regarding what constitutes a car that falls under this X31 extended warrantee. The way I see it, my Crossfire is under 10 years old and purchased in Texas. I bought the extended warrantee for 7 years 100,000 miles. The car has 30,000 miles and has always been garage kept (probably why it took almost 10 years to fail). Chrysler has agreed to open a case and I took it to a dealership today. I am determined to get this resolved in my favor. I don't believe it should take that much effort for them to realized that the car was purchased new in Texas and include this VIN in the warrantee. We shall see.