View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 PM
ultrajim49
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Hey everyone… I’m scared!

Hey everyone… I’m scared!

I am the proud owner of a 2004 Crossfire for about 3 weeks now and I am scared to death every time I go to start my car.

I think this car is one of the most unique, beautiful, fun-to-drive, head turning cars ever made…but I am afraid I will never be able to fix everything before something fails… and it won’t start…and I’m stranded somewhere.

Yes, I have read the other posts where members say, “didn’t you do your research before you bought the car”?

Yes, I did research on the car but my research was mostly “reviews” of the car from 2004 – 2008.

It wasn’t until “after” I bought the car and joined your Crossfire Forum that I became aware of its “problems”.

I must spend 8 hrs. a day reading every post here. I have a 4 in. binder with just about every .pdf file and comments on known issues I think I need to address/fix on my car. I have another folder of links to videos of “How to”.

The problem is I’m just a person who loves cars… and not a “mechanic” with the knowledge, skills or tools to do some of these repairs. I’m afraid that if I tackle something to fix it…I just may make it worse than it already was to begin with.

My Crossfire is my early retirement present to myself as I will being retiring this December after working 48 yrs. and I was really looking forward to a non-stressful retirement…but now I’m not so sure.

I probably know more about the Crossfire in these past 3 weeks than any other car I’ve own in the past 50 yrs.

Well thanks for allowing me to vent and please excuse some of my questions I’ll be asking in the near future as I’m sure many of you have heard and answered them many times already.

PS… I do want to say that even with all the uncertainty I have I do have some sort of comfort having this site and all of you available as a resource. In the few weeks I have been a member here I have gotten advice, bought parts and learned so much. Everyone seems to look forward in trying to solve someone else’s problems as quick as they can…and then document it for the next person (like me).

Thanks everyone and keep up the good work and I hope to meet some of you in person someday…Jim

The following users liked this post:
dennyandnancy (06-27-2021)