View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 06:49 PM
DTMenace
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: This years shows

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
I'm getting a little tired of second and third place trophies. I've been to 8 shows and hace 4 2nds and 2 3rds but no 1st places this year. I may need to up my game somehow. I really can't complain, I have enjoyed all of the shows, they were all for good causes but they never have a class that I fit in. I end up in special interest competing against tractors, firetrucks, boat, etc. It doesn't seem right that they never have a class for sports cars other than Corvette.
Jim
I feel your pain with the classification of the Crossfire at various car shows, especially those sponsored by a Chrysler Dealer or an all Mopar show. Maple Grove had a Mopar only show and race, in this case, no class for our car, but lumped in with "the newer cars" such as Chargers, Vipers, and Challengers.
At this show ALL of the trophies were awarded to cars no older than 1971 models and the was a noted Mopar supplier voted for Best of Show.

I went to two different Chrysler shows sponsored by Chrysler dealerships and the sales staff was still bitching about the bath they took on the sales of our cars, resulting in NO recognition.

Enough ranting from me, just what I've experienced!

By the way, why no show at Carlisle this year, I was looking for you.....

Dennis
DTMenace