View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:20 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts
Default Re: Center Mount Brake Light Gremlin

I am not quite sure the information on that website is as accurate as it is. I was believing the CHMSL was 12v but their website says it is not in an ambiguous way. I believe I had 12v at the connector when I installed the blinky control. The blinky control operates off 12 volts (I tested it before opening my hatch assembly before installation with a spare 12v bulb), and it is advertised as 12v supply voltage necessary for its operation. Yes it is controlled by the ICM but the ICM sends 12v down the line to the CHMSL assembly. So, has anyone taken the brake lamp module apart to access those LED's on the circuit board?? The site leaves you to believe this module is a sealed unit with the circuit board access not available. If access to the circuit board is available, I would definitely attempt to 'reflow' solder to the LED array. The site listed does not post a set fee for this service so I would make sure a lot of specific questions were asked BEFORE sending the array (if you think you cannot repair any failing solder points). Good luck!