Old 07-27-2015, 02:27 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Summary - 5 Years of Ownership / And Costs

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Nice write up! You inspired me to do the same to see what my SRT6 purchased in 2012 has cost me thus far. I know in actual maintenance it has been three oil changes with Royal Purple for about $300, a bottle of brake fluid for $20 and a CPS for $42. That's it! Everything else falls under mods which came out to about $9000 so added to the cost of the car ($16,500) means I've got about $26,000 in it. Of course I do all my own work, which did save me a few pesos. When I got the car in 2012, I read an article in a car mag, MT I think, about bang for the buck, in which the cars had to come in under $31,000 and included a 'Stang, VW GTI, Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, MX5 Miata. Hyundai Genesis. Well, you know what? For 5 grand less, I would smoke 'em in every category with plenty of reserve. That makes our cars some of the best deals in the auto world, not to mention all the attention they get where ever we go. Long live the Crossfire!!
Thanks. It's fun to look back. It's even better if we have such positive reflection.
I'm at $17,505 for mine for total ownership (not gas) over 5 years including purchase price (non SRT though). If I can be lucky enough to keep maintenance and mods to similar costs over the next 5 years.......that would be awesome.