Old 07-29-2015, 08:48 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Summary - 5 Years of Ownership / And Costs

Originally Posted by AlG
Let us know when you put some miles on the car. Have 124,000 found that it's not all that reliable. Went through two water pumps, tensioner, fan motor and module, bad low oil sensor in the pan, numerous other things, right now the check engine light is on probably due to a bad O2 sensor but the car runs fine. A/C needs a recharge and the top doesn't go down until I've pushed the button about half a dozen times though it goes up just fine. This list doesn't include normal maintenance such as brakes and oil changes and a couple sets of tires.

Yes, but this is only A reflection of my ownership acknowledging my time with the car and costs. I doubt ill hit 125,000 for another 20 years of ownership (at my rate of use). I can onlyhope i dont have any serious issues.

I forgot to add one other fix I had to do (on my own at no cost. I had to drill out the washer fluid jets. The heater elements that warm the fluid melted the plastic inlets to the nozzles. Took about an hour or so. They work fine now.

All cars have issues, some more than others. Keeping my fingers Crossed.