Old 07-30-2015, 11:56 AM
philosophico
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Summary - 5 Years of Ownership / And Costs

Originally Posted by AlG
Let us know when you put some miles on the car. Have 124,000 found that it's not all that reliable. Went through two water pumps, tensioner, fan motor and module, bad low oil sensor in the pan, numerous other things, right now the check engine light is on probably due to a bad O2 sensor but the car runs fine. A/C needs a recharge and the top doesn't go down until I've pushed the button about half a dozen times though it goes up just fine. This list doesn't include normal maintenance such as brakes and oil changes and a couple sets of tires.
Im over 152k and have an srt-6 mine has been reliable and is modded I should be pushing over 300 minimal to the rear wheels. The maintenance cost on this thing are high though. Im in the process of overhauling the whole suspension and have at least 3k tied into that along but that is maintenance.

I havent had to change a water pump, fan motor, I did replace my RCM as it burnt out my air pump which made me have to replace that. I guess that is an issue. Never had to recharge the A/C.