Old 07-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 472 Likes on 329 Posts

I needed to get to the bottom of this issue with Fontana Lodge
I just called the reservations manager which I know and discussed this issue of being told "no rooms" vs. "having rooms" available.
The miscommunication is due to the new Fontana management using a off site reservations service which is a number they reference on the website.
When they are called by a member identifying themself as a Crossfire member they see a Crossfire Room block which is FULL based on the number of rooms we have on our contract therefore saying the lodge is full
The lodge being the main building by the pool where we check in
The resort does still have rooms available outside the main lodge building

We have already exceeded the number of rooms on our contract but they will still accommodate the rate until tomorrow August 1
If ya call the resort directly Marie will accommodate our group rate and she will get you in

So if anyone here still wants a room contact Marie directly at (828) 498-2154

Also note:
The first post in this thread has the phone number that connects you to the reservations staff AT Fontana Lodge
This is really the only number to use when calling for a room for our group
I have made them clearly aware that the off site reservation service needs to be informed how to manage reservations for groups.....
but as well our members need to follow the info as it has been provided in post #1 as well to avoid from having these issues arise anyway.

Last edited by Valk; 07-31-2015 at 07:20 PM.