Old 07-31-2015, 05:54 PM
dskul1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Tires for my SRT-6/ SRT6 owners only please

I investigated a lot of tires about 2 years ago when I need tires for my SRT. Even though I live in an area where we get snow, we do not get very many days and the amount is never over a couple of inches. So, I looked at summer performance tires only. After investigating as well as I could, I decided to purchase Falken tires. I used to be involved in road racing and I still follow the sport as much as I can. The series I follow the most is the Tudor United Sports Car one. The team that always surprised me is the Falken Porsche LMP car. The Falken one car team was surprisingly competitive being the only car/team not on Michlelin's. They race against factory Vettes Porsche's, BMW's, Ferrari's, etc. At one race when it started to rain, that car went to the front and stayed there to win. The reason I say all of this is because they are a smaller tire company too and their tires tend to be less costly, but by their successful LMGT Porsche proves that they know how to build a great tire and that knowledge trasfer down to their street tires. Many people, me included, have a tendency to equate price with quality and you never want to compromise on tires since they are so important to safety. But why pay more for a tire if you do not have to, to get the same quality/performance? I have about 10K miles on mine now and driving in the twisties here in E.Tennessee, rain/sun, my Falken's have never failed to give me confidence that I can run with any other SRT/car. Not that I am faster than other drivers, but I have never felt that I was lagging behind because of the tires. Check them out, it is worth a look anyway. Good luck. I moved from St. Pete 12 years ago, so I know what kind of roads and weather you have to deal with
. One reason I moved was that the Florida roads, on the whole, for us car nuts are not very exciting. So now I can run the Dragon pretty much whenever I want to, but my road home is almost as much fun and I love leaving Falken rubber in the corners! lol I think that this is Falken's new performance tire. AZENIS FK453 AZENIS FK453 TIRE | Falken Tire Watch the short video on this tire.