View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 08:32 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Fob programming for door unlocking

Originally Posted by Red Paul
Hello Everyone,
My car would not start. We did the 'mystery no start' of soldering. Everything looked good but did it anyway. Car still would not start. Had it towed to a private auto shop that specializes in European cars. Mercedes guy put a diagnostic test on my car. I don't know code number but he said I needed a MODULE DO (08035031 which came from Chrysler) and a TRANSPONDER (168-462-02-53) which came from Mercedes-Benz.
Car started right up. I have two sets of keys. Key I always use will not start the car, open or lock doors. The second set of keys will start the car and unlock the doors. It will not lock the doors.
I tried what Onehundred80 suggested to reprogram the keys (and printed out the information) and my key still will not work and the second set still will not lock the doors. I also noticed that the alarm is not on when the car is locked.
Car mechanic said he does not have the equipment to reprogram the keys. Do I need more then the keys reprogrammed?? My airbag warning light is also on (never was before)
Mechanic is on vacation for two weeks.
I'm afraid to drive the car due to the air bag light on. Sadly my car was called the '******* child' of Chrysler and Mercedes. No one wants to work on them.
Any thoughts as to what I can do?

Thanks,
Sandy
How do you lock the car? It may sound like an odd question but it is relevant to my answer.