View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 03:01 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: NEW LED guide for the cars - March 2015

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Like I said before, i've had nothing but bad experiences with aftermarket HID kits over the years. I have had 3 different brands of HID's in 2 different cars, all of which were referred to me as being "reputable" companies that people swore by. All of the kits were installed properly, ballasts secured properly, etc. And all 3 kits ended up biting the dust within a short period of time. After my most recent bad experience with HID's I decided to try going a different route and see if I have any better luck.

On a side note, I received my tag light LED's yesterday (the full assembly shown on page 1) and i'm somewhat at a loss as to how these are installed. They don't exactly appear to be "plug & play". Any input from someone who has installed these?

License Plate LED Light No Error for Mercedes W211 E320 E500 AMG S211 C240 Wagon | eBay

You have to slide the old ones sideways against a spring thingy and they come out attached to the harness. Unplug from the harness, plug in the new ones and insert back in place.
You'll see which way to slide them by trying, I have forgot which way. The new ones are made the same way so study them. You do not have to take the bulb and lens off to do it.