View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:00 PM
velociabstract
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Adjustable upper control arms

The time has come. (see photo) I saw these some time ago and let it pass without a thought since I already had the Kmacs. Well, my car was in a race shop for "evaluation" and an alignment. It seems my Kmacs outer rims hit the A-arms and can't be rotated so I'm stuck at maximum camber which is -2.8º. The engineer (John Paul) began talking about solutions which jogged my memory of these A-arms. The next revelation was that with my Forgestars mounted the front track is wider than the rear. Not a concern for the street but evil on the track with a nose heavy car. So I'll be rolling the rear fenders and using 10mm spacers on the rear to correct the problem. JP wants to brace the shock towers on the inside and fit coil overs. Says he does it all the time on 930 Porsches, it's a piece of cake and would make all the difference in the world. So after buying Eiibach springs and Koni Yellows, K&W suspension, Ground Control suspension, crash bolts, Kmac's, MB arts camber arms, and other stuff I can't remember to improve the track manners, now I'm considering going full custom.
Unless the A-arms are priced out of this world I'll be getting them asap. I hope to have the fenders rolled tomorrow. The custom coil overs ….. depends on how the car works once I get the front camber where it should be, confirm my rubbing problems are solved and have the rear track widened. It's all so exciting!

Les

Attached Images