Thread: New Headers
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 12:49 AM
NeedsWings
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
Default New Headers

So back in June Squirellcrusher (Don) drops off his car and tells me that he is not going to pick it back up until there are headers on it Fair enough. The fire is lit. I finished the welding today on them, back purged TIG welded inside and out of the aircraft 304 stainless steel mandrel bent tubing on these one-off's for Don. They came out orgasmic!

Should flow 49.6% more than the factory manifold and bolt right up in its place to either the factory downpipes or our replacement downpipes

I had a factory manifold that I sliced up to measure the actual tubing that is inside the heat shields but I have been unable to find it today, I must have lost it in the move. I will end up slicing up another to show you the tiny tubing that your exhaust is flowing through right now. The factory primaries/collector/outlet are tiny and restrictive.

The set will still need to be gold ceramic zirconium thermal coated inside and out to keep the heat inside the pipe to not only keep the engine bay cooler but also keep up the exhaust gas velocity and again further increase flow/efficiency/power.

These have not yet been dyno tested as I just finished welding and porting them today. I will most likely dyno some yet to be built sets on local customer's NA and SRT6 cars as Dons car has many mods going into it right now so there is no solid before/after numbers to be had of JUST the headers being swapped on the car (he is also getting a full custom set of downpipes and catback coming in the next week or 2). I do expect some very impressive numbers to come out of his car though as it has several prototype parts on his engine that will all tie together very nicely including a prototype 90mm throttle body.

For your viewing pleasure, the first ever set of direct replacement, high flow headers for the Chrysler Crossfire Base, Limited AND SRT6, as well as the Mercedes SLK32 AMG and SLK320.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
NWr193headers.jpg (23.1 KB, 2293 views)

Last edited by Valk; 08-16-2015 at 01:24 AM. Reason: full size photo
The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (08-29-2023)