View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 05:04 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Fob programming for door unlocking

Originally Posted by Red Paul
OneHundred80 and anyone else who can help with advice....
Same issue as above except I have learned a little more.
My car would not start, it was towed to an independent shop. The shop ordered 5099541-AAModule DO 08035031 from Chrysler. They also ordered 168-464-02-53 Transponder from Mercedes-Benz.

My car key was towed in with the car. Mechanic said he needed both keys so he could program them. My key would NOT take the program and is virtually useless at this point. The spare key will start/run and unlock the doors. It will not lock any doors. I have no working alarm system. Air bag light was on.

Took the car to Chrysler. They put a diagnostic tests on it. Determined my battery was low so I now have a new battery. The air bag light is off but they could not program the keys. Same state as before. My key is still useless and the spare key will run the car. I manually lock the passenger door (push button down). I insert spare key in drivers side door to lock and the hatch is never locked.
I know I am a bit slow but you mention what the keys did before, then say what happens after going to the dealer.
Please simplify and just say;

1, what happens with the main key. Like start, lock/unlock the DS door, PS door, hatch, fuel door.
and
2, and likewise what happens with the spare key.

Does the fuel door lock when you lock the DS door?

I suspect trouble withe the lock/unlock module in the trunk possibly among other things.

Normally when locking the car with the fob, all locks make an activation sound and the lights flash.

Normally when locking with just the key in the DS lock all the doors, hatch and fuel door lock with no lights flashing, just the sound of the locks activating. No sound would indicate the lock/unlock module in the trunk is not working.

If the newer siren is fitted then it beeps in unison with the lights when using the fob but is silent when locking the car with the key.