View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 11:09 AM
x1xsinisterx1x
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor wont shut off

I've heard stories of this happening, but never would I have thought this would happen to me. My car was stored for a good 3 months. As with anybody, I would go out and run the car here and there over that time period and all was good. I trace this problem back to around the time a stereo was installed in my car, however, the problem didn't arise nor was noticed until I drove my car around the block and I went to park. Alas! I turn my car off and take key out and the blower motor wont shut off. I've been disconnecting the battery to kill it. I've looked online and have been hard pressed to find any actual solutions or resolved outcomes, just the typical "may be" scenarios.

Things I have done

- Replaced resistor - Needed to be done anyways.
- Checked control module
- Checked fuses

Here's my two questions

- Before I jump into the problem of messing with the motor or possible stuck relay further, is it possible that the radio has anything to do with the fan blowing on high nonstop? Perhaps a bad wire with the stereo harness? I'm guessing the ground wire. (I don't know electrical for crap, just making sure)

- What are the alternatives to temporarily resolve this issue? If I disconnect the resistor so I can drive, would that harm my car operating wise, if it's strictly for internal I can roll down the windows?

Thanks for any help guys!

Last edited by x1xsinisterx1x; 08-24-2015 at 11:12 AM.