Thread: blown subwoofer
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 PM
RyanB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: blown subwoofer

My driver side rear speaker died recently as well (torn foam around edge). Combination of Texas heat and music too loud I assume.

I bought some cheap "Kicker" standard speakers and stuck them in there. Everything is the wrong specs, single coil, 4 ohm. But they actually sound alright - I was able to turn my bass up and my treble down a little. It is worth noting that I have done the "best bang for your buck speaker modification". We will see - I didn't realize new OEM was only $45 or I think I would have just bought one new one as my passenger side upon removal looked fine.

SPEAKER. Left. Sub Woofer. Woofer. Speakers, Amplifier, and Related Items made by Mopar. #05102804AA

Left - 05102804AA
Right - 05102806AA

Item 2: I am not the right one to be telling you this (obviously from the last paragraph I don't know what I am talking about). But from my research prior to changing them, these should be dual voice coil, 2 ohms, sub woofer and be designed for "open air". Oh yes, and the housing can accommodate a 2.75-3" depth as long as the magnet is not too wide.

I personally could not find many options. I found several component speakers that may have worked, but once again, if I had known you could buy the speaker new for $45 I would have probably done that - and might still.

Last item; if you need the passenger side, it is listed at over $200. Just buy the driver side and use your old housing, it is the same speaker.

Good luck! There are picture by picture instructions on removing the rear speakers somewhere on here. People have mentioned to remove the seat if you want more room, I did not have issues getting to them with the seats forward.

Ryan