View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 11:49 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: NHTSA To review window issue.

Originally Posted by lovecross
I know it's not going to happen. With the wiring harness & security control module & hydraulics all vulnerable to water damage, even with car parked & driver completely unaware of any rear end flooding; I wanted them to do a serious investigation and they will not.
I was hoping Chrysler would at least have to reimburse legitimate claims for original owners, maybe up to a certain $ amount, say $1500.
I believe Chrysler put out their (2011) phony "regional customer satisfaction" warranty because they knew that if they did nothing, they would have a much larger price tag later on for a recall.
They were willing to sacrifice happy loyal customers to save what was really a somewhat minimal cost. (not a lot of cars)
In all fairness I would say that original owners should have got some satisfaction but what would be a reasonable time is hard to say.
Many of these cars are in the hands of second, third or more owners and how the cars have been treated may have some effect on the window.
I think that at this time any warranty would have run out probably even for original owners, after all how long can a car maker be on the hook for faults? The water in the trunk side of the equation due to the window leaking falls into the same category.
With the bailout and the new owners the blame is even more hard to pin down to someone.
I say suck it up and move on, it's easy for me to say as I have a coupe.