View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 09:34 AM
KDW4Him
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Fob programming for door unlocking

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am quite ignorant of the facts here but I imagine that in the files somewhere there is a record under your VIN that gives specific codes that are held within your SKREEM and what ever else has codes in it.
Should your SKREEM require repair or replacement these codes are reentered into it or the replacement.
But as I say that is just my guess.
I disagree, The SKREEM is the programable device via the DRBIII. The FOB's RFID is not programable via DRBIII so the FOB RFID must be the device on file per VIN. When the SKREEM is replaced the DRBIII is matching the new SKREEM to the existing FOB's RFID so you can use the existing FOB's.

My suspicions are the RFID in each FOB for a specific VIN are identical meaning VIN XYZ has FOB RFID 123 for any FOB mfr'ed for that VIN. If it were not this way then every time a SKREEM was replaced the dealer would have to enter all the possible codes for a FOB's RFID and places like Needswings would not only need the VIN to sell you a key but also WHICH key you are replacing. As far as I know they only need the VIN so that tells me VIN XYZ will have RFID 123 for every FOB associated to that car.

This applies to starting the car only and not the lock/unlock of doors remotely.