Old 08-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Sweet2002
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rob's log headers - guess non the power gain?

I have noticed that the guys with the cutouts and good exhaust systems make very little from cutouts showing that a good exhaust makes good power. The downpipes are said to make 15whp and all I can see is they don't have cats. Research says the V6 has an odd exhaust pulse that can be evened by an X-pipe that is located as close to the engine as possible, hence where the rear cats are. Personally I would use a magnaflow TRU X muffler in that position, the benefit of an x-pipe and additional sound deadening(yep, getting old)If the X evens the odd pulses of our motor that could be worth a few ponies. For myself I would delete then resonator and add a nice Borla muffler( NO DRONE) Hookers are also said not to drone but I have always used the Borla's as they seem to produce a good amount of low end grunt. The turbo XS version, NOT the ricer variety.
Now, who cares to venture a guess on the power the logs unleash. Hey Rob, how about a free set for the guy/gal who guesses the closest. Also how about selling the headers without the coating for those who wish to do their own heat heat enclosure? With the catless downpipes following them I hope to see 25whp.
You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I'll take 40whp with the system described above