Old 09-01-2015, 01:57 PM
xfClifford
Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ESP & "bulb Light" indicators on when pressing brake pedal

Reviving this thread. I dropped my son off at school this morning with the car operating normally. Get out to walk him into school, come back to the car, put the key in the ignition, start it, put my foot on the brake and the blasted BAS/ESP light is back on along with the "light bulb out" indicator. Sorry, I forget the technical term for that warning light. I HAD to drive to work with no brake lights using my hand signals. I had arrived and immediately tried to reset the BAS with no luck.

I must have turned the steering wheel 20 plus times trying to reset it and nothing helped. I checked the fuse to see if it was blown, Nope... Checked the connectors on the 3 week old brake Switch and everything was fine. Now im getting angry. A co-worker had been with me this whole time and was watching my brake lights as I continued to fiddle with everything in hopes I'd find out why they weren't working. I ended up turning the headlight switch to the parking lights position and he said the side marker lights flickered to life. I repeated the process 4 more times with the same result. While this was going on, the brake lights started working again.

The BAS/ESP light was still on but the brake lights are working again. They work with the headlight switch on or off.

So I guess at this point I'm looking for ideas as to what maybe causing this? I do have another headlight switch coming along with a new brake switch relay. Could the headlight switch be the culprit? Could it be the wiring? Any help would be appreciated!