View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 10:56 PM
BisB
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fog light fix - loose caps

Yep, the cap on one of my fog lights came loose, was sitting at the bottom of the housing. I read some old forum posts about cutting the center tube that holds the cap so I proceeded to remove the fog lights and cut out the tubes. I busted one of the tabs to remove the inner colored housing from the black outer housing. I thought, dang I'll need a new fog light. Then I drilled a small hole into the black plastic housing and used a very small wire tie (I think they came with some decorative lights similar to Christmas lights) and was able to hook the tab the same pressure as with the the original tab because if the O ring in between. I read on the forum that if you remove the tube housing and caps, the spread of the fog light is wider. Be careful with the tabs, it does not take much to pull the inner housing away from the outer housing to cut the tubes that hold the caps. I eventually remounted both fog lamps, removed the front wheel to have better access. Now I have to find a dark road and see the difference. No more loose and falling fog light caps!