Old 09-05-2015, 05:21 PM
maxcichon
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ESP & "bulb Light" indicators on when pressing brake pedal

Originally Posted by badcookie
I apologize fellas. Both parts pictured are from Borg Warner. The Mopar switch wasn't going to be available from my dealer anytime soon and it was clear the switch I was using had a problem. So yes both are identical part numbers (1st one was made in Austria and the new one in Poland if that matters) and yes they have different catches and the button lengths are different. However minor the differences are, the new one made the difference.

Here's the kicker, even though the switch was indeed bad, that wasn't what was causing the random BAS light. It's the fuse panel/headlight switch. My trusted sidekick (my 7 year old son) and I diagnosed a faulty connection at the fuse panel, specifically the number 2 fuse which is for the brake lights and cruise control. There's enough wiggle on that fuse for it to loose contact and cut off cruise and brake lights. We figured this out with the car running, my sons foot on the brake pedal, and me moving the fuse around. The further in you push the fuse, the worse the connection. It's the same if you wiggle in the upward position. I'm pretty confident fuses aren't meant to wiggle. So, i plan to remove the headlight switch and see if it can be saved or not.
Bud, I hope you can. I understand they are a bit...pricey.

So, they are supposed to be the same part, 'eh? I wonder if more and more parts for our cars will have...discepancies...like this as the years pile up?

Nice catch, by the way. Hope your son can find a good price, if needed! Let him have a shot!