Old 09-29-2015, 04:22 PM
pioneer4x4
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I found out why my subwoofers don't work. Totally shot speaker surround

Just as an update, I did eBay feedback for the repair kit, and they emailed thanking me.
I asked a few questions and this is the response from "Simply Speakers"
"
Thanks for the photo. We have seen our fair share of these drivers too over the years. You are correct the driver is more or less a proprietary one that you will have to pay dearly for at the dealership. If you go aftermarket you will also need to change the integrated amplifier. It’s a nice speaker for a stock factory system just an expensive one to replace. The newer foams are a better formula and more durable than the older foam. This give the speaker an expected life of 10-15 years. For an already 10+ year old vehicle this may be a 1 time only repair for many of us.

The eBay pricing is as aggressive as we can get. That is on ongoing 10% off our normal retail price. You can let anyone from the forum know they can order over the phone and we’ll be glad to honor the eBay sale price if they mention your post. Enjoy you’re the sounds in your Crossfire!"