View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Fla_Xfire_SRT
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Transmission Shifting out of sync 5spd

Originally Posted by jimf
Well i thought the dealer Black Chrysler would be honest but i was wrong.....after i spoke to the service manager and
i explained i was a little apprehensive about a FULL flush he insisted no harm would happen so i allowed him do do a complete flush and refill....Cost was 207.00 not bad right...Wrong...when they gave me the key and invoice i left and came home..by the way it did not fix the car at all....i was looking a the Invoice and noticed they only charged me for 5 quarts...well i called only to find out the service manager never flushed the system and drained the pan and replaced it with 5 quarts...that's what i got,then he contradicts him self saying,well we don`t do complete flushing all we did was suck out 5 quarts from the pan......BOY DID I GET SCAMMED!!!! Tomorrow i am going back and i want my money.....
I had a "stealership" try that on me when I needed tranny service. I had already read on the forum that a complete flush and refill was the correct procedure. I made the tech look less than brilliant when I asked him if he was intending on contaminating the 5 new quarts with the 4 that were in the torque converter. They assured me they would do a complete flush and refill. So, I get the bill and they charged me for 12 or 13 quarts and when I asked about it, they replied that they had to flush the machine that does the fluid sucking, with our special tranny fluid first, and that they would honor the quoted price for the service and adjust the "per quart" price.
I wasn't having shifting or sync issues, I knew that the service had never been done at 127,000. I hope you get better service from your stealership on your next trip...if there is a next trip.