View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
DennyV66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key FOB swap issue...

I'm a brand new user of the forums here as I just bought an '05 Roadster with 55k miles on it. My first CONVERTIBLE, my 1st Mercedes (LOL!) and my 3rd Chrysler. Selling price was $8300. Guy just wanted a down payment so he could buy one of those ugly Ford Thunderbirds. His loss, my gain.

Anyway, my key fobs are all mashed up but both still work and unlock & start the car just fine. I found this forum and followed some threads and figured I could swap out the guts into a new housing myself.

I am doing one at a time to avoid confusion & make sure at least one still works. Everything went great- the original didn't even have any glue to cut into. Guts went into the new case perfectly, little metal tab still intact. I closed it back up & went up to the garage to try it out. It unlocked the doors and I hopped in. I slid the key in & went to start up the car. It fired right up for about 3 seconds then shut off. I took the key completely out, slid it back in and got the same results.

Anyone have any ideas on my issue?

I did not try the 'press the unlock button twice before slipping the key in' so I plan on trying that tonight but if that doesn't work, does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you!

Denny V from Pittsburgh, PA