Old 10-31-2015, 05:43 PM
pioneer4x4
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default re: Kennwood D562BT to Replace OEM Infinity w/o Nav - easy install

Originally Posted by Ralph289
Thinking of doing this install. Seems like a nice radio for the money.
How is the sound as good as the stock ? Better ? Worse ?
Thanks
Definitely no worse. I really can't compare since most of what I listen to is off of a micro usb plugged in the front, which I couldn't do before. And I didn't repair the subwoofers until after the new radio is in.
I only have 2 complaints, both minor.
1 - no HD Radio. I got used to a couple very nice stations in the Pittsburgh area in my old car.
2 - no iPod connection out the back, I would love to have a iPod hooked up with hidden cable out the back to the glovebox
The display is very nice in dim/dark times, and you can choose nice color matching options. In bright light is it useless, and in extremely bright light you can read it OK because it kind of inverts. The faceplate is angled/thicker at the bottom, and that is all that prevents it from looking perfect. I eased the top of the trim out of its snaps and that looks a bit better.
Helluva radio for $120, counting a 16gb micro USB drive, wiring, speaker repair, and capacitors for the fronts, I have about $200 in a great sounding system. I REALLY want to put a Clarion M502 in, they look perfect, but less features/no CD, and no color matching, but I could always solder new leds in...