Old 11-08-2015, 04:15 PM
jayvon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Rebuilding the convertible top hydraulic system"

The hydraulic system on my 2005 roadster failed. Chrysler wanted to replace one of the hydraulic cylinders (there are 7 and am not sure which one failed). They wanted $850 plus labor to replace that single cylinder. They also warned me that once the cylinder was replaced (maintaining hydraulic pressure) it is very likely that another failure in another cylinder would occur. So, after checking the forum I discovered Klaus Witte at Top Hydraulics (541-902-3214). He provided all 7 rebuilt hydraulic cylinders (using newer technology) for a total of $750 - less than the cost of one cylinder from Chrysler. He also directed me to a 'trusted' installer in Melbourne, Fl (only an hour away from my home). The installer is Justin Duthie and he can be reached at 321-432-2034. It took 4 days over the weekend to get the cylinders. Just then installed them in a day and charged me only $500 for the labor. I can't even imagine what the labor cost would have been at Chrysler. The top now operates like new and my total cost was $1250.