View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:55 PM
MeatSafeMurdrer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to program your own key. SAVE $$$

Hey guys, I have a very urgent and serious issue regarding my key. My wife and I were robbed at gunpoint. They took her purse. It had a key to our '04 Crossfire in it. Since this happened right after we got out of the car, they know exactly what car that key goes to and could come back and take the car anytime they want. So I still have my key. I called the nearest Chrysler dealership and they didn't seem to understand my problem and just wanted to sell me a new key (wait 2 weeks for it to arrive cause they have none in stock) then program the new key for another hundred bucks. I don't think that will solve my problem. I need to make it so the old key won't work. I don't care about getting a new $300 key right now. Do I need to change out the locks? If so, wouldn't the remote on that key still let them get into my car? What I am thinking is there must be a way to change the programming on the car and my remaining key so that the old key won't work at all if they come back for the car. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this? The clock is ticking, and I am really stressing out.

Thanks.