View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 12:33 AM
MeatSafeMurdrer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to program your own key. SAVE $$$

Well, I have a new problem. My key that I still have stopped working. The car started, then shut off after two seconds, wouldn't start again. I thought maybe the batteries in my fob were dead after testing it and finding the remote functions no longer work. The car is parked at a store that sells batteries so I went in and got new ones. After putting them in the fob, it still is not working. So I tried reprogramming it with the method from this thread. I tried many times. The car will not start. The remote will not work. I have not yet had a dealership do anything to remove the stolen key from the SKREEM. Nobody has touched anything on the car, so it's not that.

I put the key in, tap unlock or lock twice, turn it to on. Nothing. I tried different button combinations, holding the buttons for a second, or several seconds each. I tried turning it all the way to start, turning it to on, then to start. Waiting different periods of time between each step. Nothing. My best guess is that I somehow got locked out and now just doing the regular programming method isn't enough. Obviously, a Friday night in a city I don't live in is the worst situation in which this can happen.

Any suggestions? I would give just about anything to have this damn thing start for me.