Old 11-27-2015, 01:21 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Problems with my MAP sensor circuit (Manifold Absolute Pressure)

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Before I give up and take the car up to the local independent Mercedes shop . . . I'm seeking assistance here. I've completed several mods and repairs including replacing the supercharger (because of a damaged electo magnet plate from when my 62mm Karmen pulley malfunctioned and ultimately grenaded), replacing the intercooler with a brand new Rudy intercooler, replacing the engine wiring harness (because a rat decided to move into my engine compartment and chewed through the wiring going to the coils on the right side of the engine), replacing the intake manifolds with the Needswings aluminum intakes. Now that I have every back together I have one remaining issue that I can't seem to track down . . .

When I first start the car it runs very rough, the engine does not seem to be getting enough airflow and there is a strong smell of unburnt fuel. Giving it throttle the engine falls flat and there is a strong sound of the engine trying to suck air. This situation usually does not throw a CEL or code and if I feather the throttle and get the car warmed up a bit, it starts to run great. Occasionally this situation WILL throw the CEL and trouble code P0105 (Manifold Absolute Pressure Circuit malfunction).

On the SRT6 the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP sensor) is mounted to the bottom of the intercooler snout, right? I've checked all the wiring connections and they seem to be fine. Is there a fuse for the MAP sensor system? If so where is it?

I've found several threads that describe the same symptoms as what I'm having but their root problem turned out to be coolant leaking into the intake system from a faulty intercooler. I don't have a coolant leak.

Any thoughts on what I might look for?? THANKS for any advice . . .
I found this test for a MAP sensor, there may be others.