Old 11-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Travish
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power source when door is open '07 Roadster

When I got my Xfire the prior owner had a set of wind restrictor lighted door sills but they were not installed and no instruction sheet to be found. I searched and searched here and found about 10 different answers about the easiest way to pull the switched power. Seem there is no set in stone answer. I figured out the coupe and roadster have different wiring harness's. I see some say use the red and grey wire/ solid brown twinned with yellow on the drivers side behind the seat . On my Roadster there is no red/grey behind the drivers seat but the passenger has 2 red/grey. I tried both and they are hot all the time. I though the red/grey might be hot all the time and the ground gets dropped to break the circuit. I tried the brown twinned with yellow for the ground and tried the brown with yellow stripe like timelord says to use. I popped out the trunk light and it has red/grey and a brown/blue stripe. Tried that, nope. I took my meter and tried about every combination possible even when letting the light time out. Has anyone installed the door sills on a roadster that you can look on the directions OR does anyone know for sure which wires/location.
Thanks in advance
Travis