View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:10 PM
onehundred80
Received 572 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Re: Key Fob Inconsistant Function

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
Thanks for the response.
~Today I got the passenger door to open with the fob but not the trunk and not at the same time as the drivers door.
~The gas door and console both lock and unlock as they should.
~I have not noted a hiss like air escaping but may have heard a small click.
~The drivers door and the passenger door have taken turns responding to the fob after different settings leading me to think it is electrical and most likely some sort of confusion due to the fob battery getting low.
~It is possible that the trunk may have gotten inconsistent in response to the fob over time.
~I wonder if the interior light not being lit on the drivers side indicates something.

Will disconnecting my battery throw anything off in your opinion? Jaguars seem to like that.
I think the light inside is connected to the pump in the trunk, so if one comes on they both should.
The siren is something else again, it has its own circuitry. It is just a dying battery in the siren itself.
Disconnecting the battery upsets the pollution test readings, these being reset over time. It also upsets any settings done that have changed the default settings on the car, such as repeating seat belt chiming, fob settings. So it could reset the door opening sequence but it would be the first I had heard about it in your situation. What have you to lose?

If it is electrical it is the pump, it's not good. Ever seen water in the trunk? If you lift up the trunk carpet and peek down the front side of the foam on the passengers side you might see water, you can also push a twist of paper down there and see if it comes out wet.

But if the passenger side door opens that release the trunk as well as they share the same air line from the pump.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-10-2015 at 09:22 PM.