View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 511 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Re: Thats LIFE, thats what pple say....

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I'm still standing, yeah yeah yeah!

Well, slightly diminished but until the pearly gates open up I'll hold on by kicking, screaming and tied to a train locomotive (the heaver the better).

PizzaGuy, on Sunday the 29th Nov at dinner, I thought I was choking on something (more later on the 'I thought' part. We live rural @ 12.5 miles from the ER locally. Since I couldn't clear 'it' and I was clearly able to breathe (couldn't find anyone to take me), I drove the @ 21 minutes (possibly the longest 21 minutes of my life). Arriving, I see quite a line so I went to the second lady not handling 'entrants' and when she looked up, I said I'm choking on something. Long story short, @ 4 hrs later I was released with instructions to see my primary care DR in 1-2 days (the CT scan/X-ray were clear and visual inspection down throat with flashlight saying Ahhhhh resulting in nothing visible).

On Monday 30 Nov, I and Mrs tried to get app to see PC DR., no go. Tues the 1st, we were getting ready to travel downtown to shop/visit DR office to get that app, and take Mrs to her MRI for that afternoon. I never made it off the couch waiting for Mrs to finish up getting ready. Time was @8:30am. My left forearm was aching deep in the arm, and the arm was numbing up. I called out to Mrs and reclined on the couch. At that time my whole body started tingling and aching in waves with the arm being steady hurting and numb. I did a quick 911 and the rest of the day was in the ER. Ambulance could not figure out what was going on so they were code 4. Upon arrive at the ER, they took history, blood, urine, sent me for a CT and X-Ray, and I waited (never lost consciousness). A little after noon, the nurse came in and gave me a cup that was like twice the size of a Keurig coffee serving. I was diagnosed as having a potassium crash (electrolytes?). Monitored for another 4 or so hours and was released ambulatory (walking).

And now, the rest of the story..... Or is it?

After leaving the ER the second time and constantly, I am still having bouts of tingling and numb feelings throughout my body here and there. I also still have the original 'lump' in throat (diminished some) like choking on something, am having blurry vision, achy muscles throughout body, disorientation, confusion, slight vertigo, heavy feeling limbs/body, light sensitive eyes, increased hearing sensitivity, and (if that's not enough) a speech impediment of slurring and stuttering (ALL of which randomly comes and goes at will.

Since both ER incidents I saw my PC DR (7 Dec at doors opening). He had the Sunday night ER paperwork already (I had on the day after the Tuesday ER visit, gone to the ER business office and signed a request for release of BOTH sets of records to be faxed to PC DR office). After hearing all I was experiencing and hunting down the second (Tuesday) ER visit, he ordered a EKG (asked and was told he 'saw something' on the EKG). He then ordered a handful of tests (an MRI, an MRA -stat-, ear-nose-throat consult, stress test (going tomorrow 0745), gastro endoscope (yeah, both directions), a whole litany of blood and urine.

This Wednesday I see PC DR again first thing with results of the MRI and MRA of the 'circle of willis' and associated brain areas (MRI and MRA).

Till then, I'm still standing, Yeah Yeah Yeah!...

Although I am not a doctor, I used to play one on weekends. None of that sounds good. Especially the inadequate care and lengths you had to go thru to get even that. Sorry to go political but health care is not the same now that it is "affordable."

It's time we all admitted that.

Good luck with your issues. I hope it is nothing more than "electrolytes," but frankly it sounds more like a glandular problem. thyroid or pituitary. Or Globus GH. http://patient.info/doctor/globus-sensation-pro

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 12-13-2015 at 05:46 PM.