View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Padgett
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: 3.46 diff. for the crossfire

"I guess if you are out west and can do long stretches over 70-80 then a lower number rear would be nice."

Way down souf also. Is hard for some from the "slow corner" to believe but I make the Orlando to Boynton Beach run several times a year. 180+ miles without any need to stop (unless you hit the one traffic light between the pike and I-95 wrong).

Over 100 miles from St. Cloud to Ft. Pierce with one exit (Yeehaw Junction), two rest areas, and a 70 limit all the way. Occasional gradual curves. Miles and miles of set the cruise and let the tunes roll.

Same when I go to the Autogeek "Cars and Coffee" in Stuart (met Wayne Carini last time) except only 140 miles.

Gas is also 20c-30c/gal more expensive in South Florida so I like to make the round trip plus some putzing around on one tank.

So to me, a 2600 rpm cruise is 600 rpm high for this car/engine combo and that is like an itch. Would also be nice if first was good for more than halfway across an intersection.

Do understand why a 4,000 lb Jeep Wrangler needs a first that can climb a wall slowly (same trans). A Crossfire doesn't.