View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 04:00 PM
amx1397
Received 203 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Re: 3.46 diff. for the crossfire

Originally Posted by Padgett
"I guess if you are out west and can do long stretches over 70-80 then a lower number rear would be nice."

Way down souf also. Is hard for some from the "slow corner" to believe but I make the Orlando to Boynton Beach run several times a year. 180+ miles without any need to stop (unless you hit the one traffic light between the pike and I-95 wrong).

Over 100 miles from St. Cloud to Ft. Pierce with one exit (Yeehaw Junction), two rest areas, and a 70 limit all the way. Occasional gradual curves. Miles and miles of set the cruise and let the tunes roll.

Same when I go to the Autogeek "Cars and Coffee" in Stuart (met Wayne Carini last time) except only 140 miles.

Gas is also 20c-30c/gal more expensive in South Florida so I like to make the round trip plus some putzing around on one tank.

So to me, a 2600 rpm cruise is 600 rpm high for this car/engine combo and that is like an itch. Would also be nice if first was good for more than halfway across an intersection.

Do understand why a 4,000 lb Jeep Wrangler needs a first that can climb a wall slowly (same trans). A Crossfire doesn't.
I understand your pain,,it's like the automatic has a switch to allow us to start out in 2 gear. you could do the same i think. going from a 3.27 to a 2.87 is like going from a 3.07 to a 3.46 wow it could change your cruising speed/rpm to around 60/1900. I bought the rear to go to the mile run to try to brake 190mph ,, but now am only going to go for the 1/2 mile run when i can. and then use a 3.27 because of the pick up off the line and the top rpm of the engine. so if you want this one I will eat the shipping i already paid and meet you between melbourne and orlando,,500. and it is yours. the best of two worlds is that you do not need a tcu for this rear to work,, if anyone with a srt wants it theu would pay 1000 for tcu and diff. jim