Old 01-14-2016, 09:25 AM
CharlieO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kenood KDC-BT762HD or other black receivers

Originally Posted by Kowmander
This made me curious. I noticed on the Kenwood silver trim listing, it's compatible with a KMRD765BT. Hmm. what's that model? Amazon.com : kenwood KMRD765BT Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth : Car Electronics
Surprise - silver marine with HD radio for $200. So if the HD radio feature is really worth the $90 additional, a factory alternative is available.

Couldn't convince my son that the upcharge was worthy of impact on his wallet (as he mostly listens to music from the microSD chip in his phone), so he'll stay with the 562, but Ill keep this model in mind for my (future) Crossfire. Still trying to decide, manual roadster or SRT-6, which would be more daily driver fun...

Hope this helps.

Thanks, but unfortunately the information in the Amazon listing is incorrect. The KMR-D765BT does not have HD radio. I had been waiting Kenwood to release their 2016 marine radios, because I suspected that they might add a model with HD. The model number initially made me think that it might have HD because it seems to be the logical marine equivalent of the car audio 762BT, but that definitely is not the case.

Here is the Kenwood USA web page which describes the KMR-D765BT in detail: KMR-D765BT | Marine | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

As you can see, there is no mention of HD. Just to be certain that I had the correct information, I called Kenwood. They confirmed that this unit does not have HD.