View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 05:56 PM
jimbo257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crysler is not Lexus or Infanity. Chrysler looks at each dealer as an independent business. The dealer makes his own rules on how to sell cars. Part of Lexus's and Infanity's program is "Customer care" -how the sell and maintain a high level of customer service. Salesman and delaers are highly trained in customer care. Most, but not all Chrysler dealers are small dealerships. They do get training, but not to the extent of the Luxary Makers. Chrysler is the problem. With the Crossfire. Their delears don't know what cars are coming in when. They find out when Chrysler assigns a Vin# to a pruchase order. On the Crossfire no purchase orders, the cars are allocated, the dealer has no idea what they will get and when it will come in. Most know the number of cars they will get,but no other details. This is the system Chrysler uses. I had a very frustrating experience with Chrysler on my 01 PT Cruser and the same on the Corssfire. Chrysler would not give any info, just kept telling me to contact the the Dealer, who didn't know sqwat. My dealer was very helpful and kept me informed as to what they did know. I got lucky and called the day the VIN# came in so I got the car. Since they could not place an order My dealer would accept a deposit unitl thye had a VIN#.
Other Dealers my do it differently. Chrysler is not customer oriented. They leave customer relations up to the dealer. A bad plan when the Dealer doesn't know what is going on. Maybe Chrysler doesn't either.