View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Padgett
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Pacifica

I've had a "utility" vehicle since 1972 but then I've always needed a tow vehicle (in the reviews I saw they do not mention towing). First was a '72 GTO Wagon that won tow car races. Then I had a '92 Pontiac TranSport, and now a '12 Jeep GC (see a pattern ? Tend to keep ones I like).

Suspect this is more FIAT than Merc. but the 3.6 Pentastar is one of the world's best engines (am biased). Sounds like they have mated the Grand Cherokee engine to the Cherokee (not so grand) drivetrain (9-speed FWD). This means the AWD should be available also.

Since the T&C was only rated for a Class II hitch and 3600 lb trailer I suspect this is not a need for you.

That said it sounds like a very good people mover that starts at $30k and you can probably double that with options.

ps Chrysler offers a "lifetime" Maxcare or Added Care Plus service contract if you plan to keep for a while. Mine is good until 2099 or a million miles. Good to have if you tend to keep cars but make sure it is the one through Chrysler - are many imitators.

Last edited by Padgett; 01-23-2016 at 11:29 AM.