View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:29 AM
KDW4Him
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Dreaded parasitic battery drain

Originally Posted by foxxfire7

Here is the meter that I'm using.I set leads into,Red V and COM.Set dial at the red AC/DC side, flipping switch to DC settings.Connecting one lead to negative battery post other to terminal. As stated ,it gave me a unchanging reading of 11.7 with all power off and doors closed.How would I set this meter to give me a reading in amps?
Red to the V makes the meter a volt meter, red lead to the 10A makes it a current meter. Voltage readings are done with the circuit hooked up as built or in parallel, current readings are done in series or breaking the circuit and inserting the current meter in series with the measurement needed. It looks like you should select 20m/10A setting in the lower left on the dial switch at about the 8 o'clock position.

Don't ever try to measure voltage in parallel with the lead in the 10A or the mA connector. The meters internals will get very upset.

The black meter lead would go on the neg. batt. term on the battery and the red lead would go on the black wire you removed from the neg. batt. lead. IE inserting the meter in series with the circuit.

Make sure all doors are closed and nothing is left on.

Did you watch the video I posted above? He shows the entire process to find the culprit.

Last edited by KDW4Him; 02-01-2016 at 09:44 AM.