View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 12:34 PM
foxxfire7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dreaded parasitic battery drain

Originally Posted by foxxfire7
Okay I charged the battery over night. I've placed meter leads to neg battery and terminal and set meter as advised.At first it showed a reading of 0.56 then settled to 0.01. Does this sound correct,is this reading normal?Could this be a bad Battery?
Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Actually put the meter in the 2v setting at the 10 o'clock position on the dial. With the red lead in the V spot on the lower left of the meter and NOT in the 10A spot to do this test...

Start the car, turn the blower motor on high, bright lights, wipers, A/C, etc. all electronics you can turn on turn on.

Measure the voltage from the engine block to the NEGATIVE battery post. actually on the lead post of the battery not on the part connected to the cable but the actual battery post. You should see no more than 0.2 volts. This proves the negative battery lead is not corroded or there is a poor connection at the battery or the block.
Okay,But the problem that I'm seem to be having when doing this.I'm getting a hard arc and blue not red spark when hooking up battery.Okay ran check got a reading of 2.1 .After shutting car off ,I tried to restart and got nothing.All lights work and horn blows.Not even a click from attempting to crank.Tested battery and got reading of 12.7 volts.Nothing even after trying to boost.Car would start with a jump before,but just has something robbing a lot of current from somewhere. Starter failing to engage now.Like a security kill start.Also spoiler light is flashing and did not before.Could I have a open relay?Also be advised that central vacuum pump has been removed due to it frying.Can car operate with out it?