Old 02-09-2016, 12:32 PM
MiamiTVR
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: '07 Pearl Red Roadster Manual 39K NC $12K

For years I always referred to Edmunds as an objective source for real world values whether buying or selling. Sadly once they were acquired some of that objectivity and accuracy seems to have been lost (I was of the impression Edmunds was acquired but appear to be in error regarding that. They did form a closer alliance with dealers some time back and TMV, in my opinion, became less objective and useful since that time).

On my last two car purchases I paid well over Edmunds without regret. I both priced and sold my last Volvo in days (with two back up buyers) and daughter's Miata well above it. With uncommon cars meant for a limited market it ain't like putting a value on a Sentra. The beyond all options V70R manual AWD did not have many comparables if any but the common Miata did. For it I factored in all listings that were similar on three or four search engines, both asking and selling prices on eBay and came up with an objective real world value. It was above Edmunds. The buyer and the daughter both were satisfied.

I do not know this particular car but the first Crossfire I considered was its near twin. Pretty car.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 02-10-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: correction regarding Edmunds