View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
crossfire lover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FTroopChief John Penz has left us.

TerryR,

Hi. My name is Karen and I live in Kerrville, Tx. and my husband, Andy, and I knew John Penz for about a year. On his way home one day, he saw my husband's two red Miatas (a l999 & a 2016 Launce Edition) in our driveway so he pulled up in his 2010 Silver Miata. That's how we met him. We stood out there and talked about cars for an hour or so! He became a member of our San Antonio Bluebonnet Miata Club and attended a few meetings before his health became worse. My husband asked his wife if he could help her sell his Miata and have the info posted in our newsletter.

Well, to make a long story short, I will be the proud owner of his Alabaster Crossfire tomorrow! I used to see him zooming down the street in it, and told Andy what a gorgeous car it was, and now, I am honored to call it mine. Every time I drive it, I will keep John in my heart and will take really good care of it. Since you were the one who drove his car in the funeral procession, I thought you would like to know I'm the one who will follow in John's love for 'Snow White'.

I also own a 2008 Miata, Power Retractable Hardtop, True Red color and found it in Houston. Beautiful! The best of all, it had only 3,184 miles and looks brand new!!

If you know anyone else who would like to know what happened to John's beloved 'Snow White', maybe you can pass this along and be assured, I will take special care of it. I absolutely LOVE IT!!

Thanks to all of you who I am depending on for taking care of my new car. Luckily, Andy is a shade-tree mechanic and we avoid Dealer Repair Shops at all costs!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Karen