View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Rob M
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I have a no start problem

Originally Posted by Fuya
...Before I give them the go ahead I like to hear if anyone else has come across a similar issue. I read the forum but so far their fixes hasn't worked for my car.
Fuya,

Any updates on your Crossfire? I recently started a thread related to a no-crank issue I am having which had worsened from an occasional no-start issue. I tried the RCM re-solder and installed a new battery too. Nothing. Some of the symptoms I have experienced - spoiler deploys when key is turned or is always deployed and it cannot be retracted; brake, ABS, BAS/ESP, brake wear MILs; check engine MIL when P0600 is triggered; speedometer failure, transmission stuck in park, and when previously running, limited to limp mode.

A BIG problem that presents itself if your PCM is actually bad is that most Chrysler dealerships probably aren't going to let you bring your privately acquired unit in. They will likely want to source it new directly from an authorized supplier, which = $2K+. Another BIG problem is that the PCM is not a plug and play item. It has to be programmed via the DRB III tool to work with your specific vehicle. So you are severely limited to who can even do the repair. Does anyone know if skilled independent euro motors specialty shops have the ability to interface in a DRB III-like manner?

One thing that is really bugging me now, besides my own Crossfire debacle, is that when you look down the list of threads in this part of the forum the majority of the issues all seem to have the commonality of poor, over-complex electrical system design resulting in a non-running vehicle. I preferred the days when the visible issues like rusting doors and hazed headlights were all the rage.