View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:45 PM
kingdavid54
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wheel Alignment Woes

Originally Posted by breakneck

I'm confused, guys. I've had an alignment done on my Crossfire on three separate occasions because of unusual tire wear. The last time I had it done was by a reputable shop here in the Nashville area that I trust, and at the same time I had four new tires mounted. Today I took a look at my fronts, they have approx. 3000 miles on them, and I notice the same unusual tread wear starting to happen. I had even taken it back to this tire place right after I had the alignment done because I was paranoid about the wheel being slightly off center - they said the alignment was perfect, and noted that it's probably the steep crown in our area roads that makes it appear as though the wheel isn't straight. I have had my doubts, though.

Has anyone else experienced problems with getting the alignment correct on these cars? Any tips or suggestions? The car has been aligned at three different shops, and this last shop has been the most reputable of any of those, yet I still seem to be running into the same problem. I really can't keep putting tires on this car every year.

I should also note the car is an '04, it's got about 49k miles on it. Could it be tie rod ends or something going bad?

Thanks a lot in advance.
I promise you out of 3 alignment shops at least one of them checked for worn parts in the front end and they would have advised you to replace the worn parts before doing the alignment, when the alignment is done the car sits on a level platform so it is not unusual for a Car steering wheel to be slightly off center when going down the road because of the crown in the highway which is put there on purpose for rain runoff, it would be nice if you would include more information about your unusual tire wear, like what is the pattern of the wear and how much air do you run in your tires? Have you checked the front wheel bearings for excessive play, have you changed your steering stabilizer? What kind of driving do you do? Is it spirited aggressive driving or normal run-of-the-mill going to the grocery store driving, there are a lot of factors that determine how tires wear, more information would be most helpful.